A fountain can add charm and beauty to any home and garden
To make the most of your investment, your fountain will need regular maintenance.
Here are some helpful maintenance and care tips.
Step by Step Cleaning:
Remove half the water from the fountain (an inexpensive small shop vacuum designed for water removal is probably the easiest way to accomplish this), use a soft plastic brush to scrub the entire fountain. Be careful not to disrupt any silicone or attached spillways or spouts. Remove the remaining water. Use your garden hose to power wash the entire fountain. A pressure nozzle will help with this. Be careful not to concentrate the water pressure on any one area for too long. Next, follow the pump maintenance steps.
Disconnect the pump from the outlet. If the fountain is not already drained, remove the water. Us your hose to backflush the pump by shooting water from top of the fountain through the tubing. This will force debris out of the pump. This will be clear the intake area. Remove the debris and water from the fountain, rinse well and add fresh water and reconnect the pump to the outlet.
The pump is the heart of the fountain. It is extremely important to always keep the pump clean.
General Care Information
- All fountains splash and lose water due to evaporation. You will need to add water on a regular basis.
- Run your fountain at least 30 minutes per day. It is important to keep the water circulating.
- Your fountain should be cleaned at least once a month, including clearing the intake area of the pump.
- If you think your fountain is leaking, try this….fill it up, don’t run the pump for 24 hours. Note how much water is lost. Call us with the results. We may be able to give you some tips over the phone or recommend a service call.
- Fountains with darker finishes tend to show hard water deposits quickly. The best way to slow this process is to use filtered water and/or periodically apply a coat of WD40 to the surface of the fountain. This will create a barrier between the fountain and the minerals in your water.
We Can Clean & Service Your Fountain!
We offer Monthly, Bi-Monthly and Quarterly Cleaning Services
Regular monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly service consists of maintaining your fountain, so it functions properly and has clean and clear water. This service may include some or all of the following on each visit: Vacuuming out dirty water, scrubbing out algae, clearing the pump, checking all tubing and fittings, re-leveling water flow and adding chemicals to the water.
“My wife and I are very happy with the quality service that Moises and his team at Fountain Services have provided to us for the past 9 years. We have 3 fountains, each of which Fountain Services has expertly installed. Ever since they installed the first one in early 2010, Fountain Services has properly cleaned and maintained them. The office staff is friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. We highly recommend Fountain Services.”
“We have two fountains and one pond in our yard in San Clemente. We have used Fountain Services for over eleven years to maintain all three of our water elements. They consistently do a great job of cleaning the water reservoirs, checking the water lines, and servicing the water pumps. They always notify me (via email) when they are due to come out and they always show up when they say they will. On the few occasions when I have had a problem between my regularly scheduled service calls, they have responded quickly to my call and taken care of the issue. They are really the best – professional and fairly priced.”
Our Service Areas
|Los Angeles County
|San Diego County
|River Side County
|San Bernadino County
|Marina Del Rey
|Corona Del Mar
|Rolling Hills Estates
|Coto de Caza
|Desert Hot Springs
|Rancho Santa Margarita
|San Juan Capistrano